Programming your Zephyr/Zeal65 June 16 2018Zephyr / Zeal65 programming quick start guide.
Programming your Zeal60 RGB PCB December 15 2016
Congratulations on purchasing a Zeal60 RGB PCB! Here are a few important notes that you should read before assembling the board.
If instructions below are not followed, some RGB LEDs will not light up and a few select LEDs will be flashing the wrong color/not in sync with the rest of the board.
- There are a few small jumper pads next to their corresponding RGB LEDs that need to be bridged, based on the layout you plan on assembling the board with. For example, if going for the standard "Poker" style winkey layout with 6.25 spacebar, please bridge "JC0", "JC6", "JC16A", "JD7", "JD5", "JB14", "JB4" as seen in the picture below. To make the bridging process easier, solder two small blobs onto the jumper pads first. Then once the solder has cooled down, use your chisel tip and heat up both blobs at the same time. Press down, then drag off the jumper pads onto the bare PCB. This whole process shouldn't take more than 3 seconds, and if done right, the blobs will merge together. This needed to be done due to the many keyboard layouts the Zeal60 supports.
- Please note that for ISO layouts, the ISO_Enter switch bottom will need to be converted into “plate mount” style due to the nearby SMD LEDs taking up space where the PCB mount pins would have been.
- Once the appropriate pads are bridged, the proper .bat layout must be flashed for the proper LEDs to light up.
JB4: Normal Backspace
JB4A: Split Backspace (HHKB style)
JB14: |\ (or HHKB Backspace)
JB14A: ISO Enter
JD5: ANSI Enter
JD5A: ISO key
JD7: Long 2.75 right Shift
JD7A: Short 1.75 right Shift
JC0: 6.25U Spacebar
JC0A: 7U Spacebar
JC6: 6.25U Spacebar stabilizer
JC6A: 7U Spacebar stabilizer
JC16: Short 1.25 ISO left shift
JC16A: Long ANSI 2.25 left shift
There are a few ANSI/ISO/Spacebar/FN LEDs that can be turned on in firmware if desired.
Download the Firmware/Software HERE. Please read "readme.txt" for full instructions & features. This is V0.9 of the firmware/keymapper. Firmware source code published on Wilba's GitHub (QMK Fork)
1 / 2 - change effect
0= All Off
1= Solid Color 1
2= Alphas/Mods Color 1/2
3= Gradient Vertical Color 1/2
4= Raindrops Color 1/2
5= Cycle All
6= Cycle Horizontal
7= Cycle Vertical
8= Jellybean Raindrops
9= Custom Key Colors
3 / 4 - color 1 hue -/+
E / R - color 1 sat -/+
5 / 6 - color 2 hue -/+
T / Y - color 2 sat -/+
- / + - brightness -/+
When the zeal60 firmware is programmed, holding Space + Esc down while powering on (i.e. connecting USB to keyboard) will reset ALL the stored settings (keymaps, backlight, etc.) and start the bootloader so it is ready for firmware programming with Flip. If you only want to reset the stored settings, disconnect/connect USB and the firmware is restarted.
Please read "readme.txt" for further instructions & details.
Dec 15, 2016
December 30, 2016
Updated to V0.1 firmware with readme.txt. Added reactive lighting.
January 6, 2017
Updated to V0.2 firmware with toggle/hold via LT(layer, kc) command, tweaked stabilizer LEDs during reactive lighting.
January 9, 2017
Updated to V0.3 firmware. Added option to disable backlight when USB suspended / disable backlight after inactivity timeout.
Reactive mode added to all color cycle effects.
January 24, 2017
Updated to V0.4 firmware
- More backlight effects and some fixes to existing ones. Color blending between two colors now uses saturation as well as hue.
- Set all backlight parameters via the .bat file, so you don't need to set them via the keyboard.
- Caps Lock/Fn layer indicators. Make one or all keys change to a color when Caps Lock is on, or you have a Fn layer active.
January 25, 2017
Updated to V0.5 firmware
- Fixed bugs in previous release
- Added "zeal60_mousekey.hex" for people that want QMK's "mousekey" functionality
April 14, 2017
Updated to V0.6 firmware
- Minor changes to firmware
August 19, 2017
Updated to V0.7 firmware
- Added ability to disable LEDs under HHKB blockers
September 7, 2017
Updated to V0.8 firmware
- Added radial effects
- Added effect speed
- Updated to latest QMK
May 21, 2018
Updated to V0.9 firmware
- Updated to latest QMK (includes KC_GESC)